The Throat chakra is associated with the following psychological and behavioral characteristics:
• Expression, in particular ability to express your truth, to speak out
• Communication, whether it’s verbal or non-verbal, external or internal
• Connection with the etheric realm, the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities
• Propensity to create, projecting ideas and blueprints into reality
• Realizing your vocation, purpose
• Good sense of timing
The Throat chakra is about the expression of yourself: Your truth, purpose in life, creativity. Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions and creativity as well. The throat chakra’s emphasis is on expressing and projecting the creativity into the world according to its perfect form or authenticity.
Another function of the throat chakra is to connect you to spirit. Because of its location, it’s often seen as the “bottleneck” of the movement of energy in the body. It sits just before the upper chakras of the head. Opening the throat chakra can greatly help align your vision with reality and release pressure that may affect the heart chakra that is located just below.
The throat chakra is associated with the etheric body, which is said to hold the blueprint or perfect template of the other dimensions of the body. It’s an important reference point to align the energy through the whole chakra system.